[Product-Developers] Content type with fields with different permissions for different roles.

mnieper marc at nieper-wisskirchen.de
Sun Mar 30 20:32:08 UTC 2008

Matthew Wilkes wrote:

> On Heisei 0020-03-30, at 150708BST, mnieper wrote:
>

>> I want to develop an Archetype content type with, say, three fields
>> called
>> Private, Semi-Private and Public. The owner of the content object
>> should
>> have view and modify permissions for all three fields. Anonymous users
>> should have only view access for the Public field. Furthermore, I
>> want to
>> have a role, say "Restricted User", which grants view and modify
>> permissions
>> for the Semi-Private and the Public field.
>>
>> My question is how to do achieve this in a canonical way. Two possible
>> solutions have come to my mind:
>>

> 3) Create one AT content type that has three fields.  Set the read and
> write permissions on those fields to appropriate values.
>
> Matt

Thanks for looking at my problem! But isn't your proposal the same as my
suggestion 2)? What I don't like with this solution is that I have to create
new sets of view and modify permissions, while the rest of Plone gets away
just with two of this kind, namely zope2.View and cmf.ModifyPortalContent.

Marc