[Product-Developers] Re: UnicodeDecodeError

Walter Cruz waltercruz at threepointsweb.com
Tue Mar 25 11:49:58 UTC 2008

2008/3/24, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com>:

> What are you talking about? Python has nothing like a 'unicode' default.
>  Likely you're referring to sys.getdefaultencoding() which is ascii by
>  default. General rule #1: don't touch that. Rule #2: if you have the need
>  to touch the default encoding as a workaround: better fix your code first.
>

>  -aj

Yes. It's a common practice to set the default encoding of python to
utf8 (sitecustomize.py). At least for plone developers that go beyond
the ascii :)

Well, I've tried to find another way, bug get no success :(

As I'm using a virtualenv,  I have changed the default encoding in my
virtual environment.

A minimal test is to change the property named title from a type xml
to anything with a accented char.

--
Atenciosamente

Walter Rodrigo de Sá Cruz