[Product-Developers] Quills need eggification

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue Mar 25 00:44:27 UTC 2008

Quills developers:

I see that you're asking people to link stuff into lib/python. I had a
user do that in parts/instance/lib/python today. This is very bad. :)

Buildout is allowed to nuke parts/ whenever it sees fit. That's why we
manage things explicitly in buildout.cfg, with user-edited files all
living outside parts/.

I'd suggest that you release quills as a single egg that installs the
quills.app stuff - or maybe as a number of eggs that depend on one
another, if independent re-use is possible/sensible. One of those eggs
can be Products.Quills, which would pull in the other ones.

Cheers,
Martin