[Product-Developers] How to modify the Seach Results Page

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Mar 24 19:25:52 UTC 2008

--On 24. März 2008 12:17:28 -0700 Mark Phillips
<mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:

> I have a custom event type that extends ATEvent, and it works. I use it
> for scheduling games on the calendar. When I do a search for "team a" in
> the search box, I get all the games scheduled for that team. However,
> the display of the title in the search results page does not contain the
> date of the event, but the date the event was last modified (the
> standard format for a search results page).
>
> I compute the title like this in my product:
>
>     def _computeTitle(self):
>         """Get object's title."""
>         title = a string combination of different
>                 fields (home team, visitor team, field, etc)
>         return title
>
> I don't include the date of the event in the description because then
> the date would appear twice on the calendar view - once on the calendar,
> and once in the event.
>
> How can I have the date of the event appear in the search results page,
> but not on the calendar? I am much less interested when the event was
> last modified, and much more interested when the event takes place.

Wild guess: the value of the Title() accessor method is used for display
(everywhere)...at least for the listing (using the indexed value for 'Title'
as part of their metadata). The same happens within the CatalogTool...so
there is basically no chance for providing different titles for different
purposes except you hack the CatalogTool in some bad way.

-aj