[Product-Developers] Re: multipage content type with "next/prev" buttons

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Tue Mar 18 08:25:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Per Erik Strandberg
<per.strandberg at incf.org> wrote:
>  Any other idea on how to "just add the next/prev" buttons", preferably
>  without hacking a copy of base_edit.pt?

Use Javascript; we did for a current customer project. I'll see if we
can release that section of code as OSS (in which case it'll depend on
Plone 3.1 or a manual inclusion of jquery).

I used a separate pagetemplate to generate translatable labels (so
'next' and 'previous' can be translated into the current rendering
language), plus some jquery code that a) inserts the next/previous
buttons b) controls their visibility based on the current tab (no
previous on the first tab, etc), and c) selects another tab based on
what button was clicked. It works with the select widget as well
(displayed if you have 7 or more tabs) and has been tested on Firefox,
Safari, Opera and IE 7.

--
Martijn Pieters