[Product-Developers] Re: Product installed but not listed as "installed" - remains in the "installable" list for portal_quickinstaller

Tim Knapp duffyd at kokorice.org
Sat Mar 15 23:46:41 UTC 2008

Hello again David,

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 10:08 -0500, David Bain wrote:
> I have a cssregistry.xml and jsregistry.xml file in my
> profiles/default directory. Do I need more than that?

The best way I find to ensure you've got a properly configured GS
profile is by generating it using paster create -t plone3_theme as this
will create your zcml slug, profiles dir, setuphandler.py, and the
marker file that will ensure the profile only gets run if you have
specified as such in QI. But as I said sometimes *other* GS profiles may
not include this info (esp. the marker file) and thus run when yours is
run and cause errors.

Generally the easiest way to determine if there's an error is to have
your zope instance in debug mode and run via zopectl fg and check the
console. And also to check the log created by GS setup when the profile
is run (though this may not be present when run via the QI).

HTH,
Tim