[Product-Developers] Ask about calendar system

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Wed Mar 12 10:34:19 UTC 2008

Le 12 mars 08 à 05:07, Hoang Bao Thien a écrit :

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I now use CalendarX to create a calendar like GoogleCalendar in the
> Plone product.
>
> In my system, users can create events, but they must not conflict
> with the ones of other users. For instance, user 'john' creates an
> event from 5am to 8am on March 20, hence, user 'marie' cannot create
> an event from 4am to 6am or 7am to 9am, etc..
>
> By the way, at this time, I just create events only and cannot check
> that confliction. Moreover, I want to create database of that system
> in order to check constrains and confliction easily. But I cannot
> create it, and integrate users' information of the Plone (or Zope)
> in to my Calendar system.
>
> Please let me know how to do now.

Subclass the standard event type, add a validation handler that checks
that a new/changed event doesn't overlap with another one in the same
CalendarX.

Perhaps a booking component for Plone, like PloneBooking is better
suited for what you want to do.

BTW, your problem is better suited to the plone users mailing list
than this one. And please do not cross post on multiple mailing lists
(calendar x users ML is removed from my reply).

Regards
--
Gilles Lenfant
INGENIWEB (TM) - SAS 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632