[Product-Developers] Re: [Plone-Users] Ready to play: Plone 3.1-beta1

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Tue Mar 11 15:36:57 UTC 2008

The Unified Installer is targeted at all Unix workalikes that can
accommodate the basic GNU build tools. We've tested it on FreeBSD,
OpenBSD, OS X (with XCode), Solaris, and a great many versions of
Linux. We've occasionally been unable to solve problems on older or
odder platforms, but the general track record is excellent.

The 3.1 Unified Installer does work on OS X 10.4.11-Intel. JUH has
filed a detailed report on his problem, which was on 10.4.11-PPC on a
PowerBook. It may take a little while to track this down, as I don't
have access to a PPC Mac. If anyone else has a PPC OS X Mac, and can
give it a try and add the results to ticket
http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7934 that would be helpful.

> Herr Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
>  >
>  >>> Any special place to report bugs?
>  >>>
>  >>> The Unified Installer does not work for me on Mac OS X 10.4

Steve McMahon
steve at dcn.org