[Product-Developers] Ready to play: Plone 3.1-beta1

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Mar 11 08:59:20 UTC 2008

I have just marked Plone 3.1-beta1 as released on plone.org. At this moment
you can install it using one of three ways:

* using the new build-based Universal Installer
* using buildout using the 3.1-beta1 version of the plone.recipe.plone
   recipe.
* from source with a pre-installed Zope 2.10.5 using the source tarball
   from plone.org

at this moment there is no Windows installer. I am hoping Enfold Systems can
finish that soon.

http://plone.org/products/plone/releases/3.1 contains a list of all changes
in this release. As you can see we have a decent number of improved and new
features as well as the normal set of bug-fixes. We have tried very hard to
make sure that none of the changes can break existing Plone 3.0 sites or
products build for Plone 3.0.

At this stage the most important thing in the release process is that YOU
test this release. Yes, I mean you: everyone using Plone, no matter if you
are a developer, documenter, end user, or integrator. Donna Snow will be
leading an online testing sprint this weekend: see
http://snowwrites.com/2008/03/09/the-anti-sprint-plone-31-testing-event-march-14-16/
for more information.

Wichert.