[Product-Developers] manage_afterPUT for ATFolder

Takahashi, Mike MTakahashi at oid.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 10 20:53:33 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Zope 2.10.5
Plone 3.0.5

I'm trying to set the title of a folder to its id when a new folder is
created via FTP.  Currently, when a new folder is created the title is
not set.

>From what I have read, "ATFolder implementation does not provide its own
PUT factory (or manage_afterPUT() implementation)." Therefore, I thought
I could simply define one within my content type, but this does not seem
to work.

def manage_afterPUT(self, data, marshall_data, file, context, mimetype,
                         filename, REQUEST, RESPONSE):
         """After webdav/ftp PUT method

         Set title according to the id on webdav/ftp PUTs.
         """

         id = self.getId()
         self.setTitle(id)

Any help is greatly appreciated.