[Product-Developers] Re: r60200 - SimpleAlias/trunk/profiles/default

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri Mar 7 14:05:53 UTC 2008

Previously Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> >Log:
> >Cleanup the profile. Why o why does everyone seem to insist on overriding
> >meta types for tools when that can only brak things.
>
> Maybe because portal_setup adds it itself on export?

An export is always a base profile, which has to contain all
information. That makes it significantly different than an extension
profile which only defines differences. The less information there is
in an extension profile the better.

> At least I often use exports as starting point for my
> extension profiles and I often forget to remove the meta
> type declarations even though I know I should.

Someday that may hurt you :)

> >Oh, and register our skin layer for all skins instead of just plone default
> >

> Maybe same as above?
> Maybe because we have docs telling this?
> I know at least one tutorial where this was written
> as such until recently (and I know this because I've
> changed it as soon as I became aware of this).

Thanks for fixing the documentation :)

Wichert.