[Product-Developers] Re: r60200 - SimpleAlias/trunk/profiles/default

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 7 13:44:26 UTC 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Author: wichert
> Date: Fri Mar  7 12:56:30 2008
> New Revision: 60200
>
> Modified:
>    SimpleAlias/trunk/profiles/default/actions.xml
>    SimpleAlias/trunk/profiles/default/factorytool.xml
>    SimpleAlias/trunk/profiles/default/skins.xml
>    SimpleAlias/trunk/profiles/default/types.xml
>    SimpleAlias/trunk/profiles/default/workflows.xml
> Log:
> Cleanup the profile. Why o why does everyone seem to insist on overriding meta types for tools when that can only brak things.

Maybe because portal_setup adds it itself on export?
At least I often use exports as starting point for my
extension profiles and I often forget to remove the meta
type declarations even though I know I should.

> Oh, and register our skin layer for all skins instead of just plone default

Maybe same as above?
Maybe because we have docs telling this?
I know at least one tutorial where this was written
as such until recently (and I know this because I've
changed it as soon as I became aware of this).

Raphael