[Product-Developers] Re: LaTeX to XHTML portal transform for Plone

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 7 11:50:28 UTC 2008

joshua.r.smith wrote:
[..]

> It would be really helpful if anyone has a suggestion on how I can get
> started on this project. Like I said, I think I need a portal transform,
> but maybe there is a better way to accomplish this goal. Its even
> possible that something that does what I need already exists, and I
> haven't found it (I've looked). Any help you can give is greatly
> appreciated.

Hi Joshua

have you also considered solutions like jsMath
http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsmath/ ?

Might be easier to integrate into Plone but the portal_transforms
route or plone.transforms https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.transforms
should also be OK.
Maybe Hanno (the author of plone.transforms planned to
replace portal_transforms in Plone 4) would be interested
to bring in (La)TeX support himself?

Raphael