[Product-Developers] Re: implementing Product interfaces

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:08:12 UTC 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously deesto wrote:
>>
>> Any thoughts on what I've done wrong?
>> http://deesto.pastebin.com/f2ce2ae07
>>
>> Again: no errors, but the interface doesn't appear to work.
>
> I'ld suggest that that is a bug in p4a.calendar. Plesae take it up
> with
> the p4a people.

Indeed, this was to do with p4a, but not a 'bug' per se: Lennart
explained that they use a different utility interface to enable sub-
typing (in a product's configure.zcml):
   <include package="p4a.z2utils" />
   <include package="p4a.common" />
   <include package="p4a.calendar" />
   <utility
       name="p4a.plonecalendar[CustomProductName]Calendar"
       factory=".subtype.[CustomProductName]CalendarDescriptor" />

But it remains to be seen how to get the p4a.calendar sub-type to
recognize a custom event-ish product (other than Events); Lennart is
unsure but thinks it might look at the 'type' setting on
portal_calendar.  How would one do this?

Thanks,
~John