[Product-Developers] Re: implementing Product interfaces

deesto john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:11:24 UTC 2008

Hedley Roos wrote:

>> Your post reminded me of a bit of code I have lying somewhere. Basically
>> I wanted to activate a calendar on a particular folder.
>>
>> from p4a.calendar.interfaces import ICalendarConfig
>> config = ICalendarConfig(folder)
>> config.calendar_activated = True
>> folder.reindexObject()
>>
>> IIRC you can then do http://server/folder/@@month.
>>
>> HTH
>> Hedley
>>
> Sorry for replying to my own post, but as Martin stated the correct
> approach is using zcml. My approach requires that you subscribe to your
> folserish item's create event and then activate that interface.

Understood.  But when I add Martin's class to the folderish configure.zcml,
there doesn't seem to be any effect.  In fact, I see a Sub-types->Calendar
drop-down for folders, but my folderish object still displays a blank
Sub-types menu (with no drop-down items).  Again, no errors or feedback when
installing the product or adding an object, but I have to assume the
interface still isn't taking hold.
http://deesto.pastebin.com/f2ce2ae07