[Product-Developers] Re: implementing Product interfaces

deesto john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:00:11 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> John DeStefano wrote:
>> I have a folder-ish Product, on which I would like to add a calendar
>> view from the Plone4Artists Calendar Product.  The P4A folks have
>> recommended that I include an interface, which I've tried to do in
>> both configure.zcml and in the product itself, but I can't seem to get
>> it working:
>> http://deesto.pastebin.com/f679305f3
>>
>> No errors, but the option to display the folder-ish object as a
>> calendar does not appear.
>
> Try:
>
> <class class="Products.ATContentTypes.content.event.ATEvent">
>      <implements interface="p4a.calendar.interfaces.IEvent" />
> </class>

Thanks, Martin, but that doesn't appear to help either; in fact, the only
feedback I get at all after adding this class to configure.zcml and during
product uninstall/install from zope is this (slightly outdated) deprecation
warning on the P4A Calendar:

/var/plone/zeocluster/client1/Products/Plone4ArtistsCalendar/pythonlib/p4a/common/site.py:1:
DeprecationWarning: ISiteManager is deprecated. Use IComponentLookup
instead.  ISiteManager will be removed in 2007.
  from zope.component.interfaces import ISiteManager
2008-06-16 10:55:33 INFO p4a.subtyper.sitesetup Using five.localsitemanager
2008-06-16 10:55:33 INFO p4a.plonecalendar.sitesetup Using
five.localsitemanager

What else might I try?

Cheers,
> Martin