[Product-Developers] Re: Reflecto and kupu

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Jun 5 17:17:21 UTC 2008

Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> However, I think being able to treat images separately from regular files
> can make a lot of sense, especially if we ship with kupu integration so that
> using reflecto'd media (presumably a big use case for reflecto) in kupu is
> natural. It doens't look very difficult, even, if I'm understanding
> correctly?

The original use case was only exposing downloads managed via the
filesystem through a website.

> Perhaps we just want to make the lookup of the proxy class into e.g. a named
> utility lookup using file extension as the name?

I think you are overusing the ZCA too much - it may be a big hammer
but not everything is a nail :). A simpe lookup table or perhaps a hook
into the existing content_type_registry should be more than enough. All
you need is a major mime type -> content type mapping.

Wichert.