[Product-Developers] Reflecto and kupu

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Jun 5 13:54:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'd like to use Reflecto to expose an asset repository of images, flash
graphics and so on. This will be managed outside Plone (obviously), but I
want to be able to incorporate content into Plone pages using kupu.

I added Reflector and ReflectoFolder as kupu collections and ReflectoFile as
a media object. This actually seems to work OK - I can browse and include
the images. However:

 - I don't get a preview image in kupu

 - There's no resize option (this would be hard anyway, I'm guessing)

I think that if Reflecto exposed a unique type for images (e.g. it looked at
file extensions) it could have an image preview in the template, and we
could set this up as a mediaobject type in kupu with a preview URL, and
maybe even do some on-the-fly resizing (possibly less important).

How hard would this be to do? Looking at the Reflecto source, I see
__getitem__() in content/directory.py; seems to me that if we created a
different proxy class and allowed for some pattern matching where it
currently just checks for directory vs. file, then this could work?

Martin