[Product-Developers] qRSS2Syndication and protected content

Hedley Roos hedley at upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Jun 3 11:58:52 UTC 2008

Is anyone out there also using qRSS2Syndication or have we moved on?

I have twice encountered the case where my client wants protected
content to be made available via RSS feeds. By protected I mean you need
the Member role to access the content.

The solution is to not use page templates to generate the feeds, but
rather Python Scripts since you can set proxy roles in the metadata file.

I also changed one trusted method to use unrestrictedSearchResults since
the catalog still has a notion of the member's role even in trusted code.

Is this a normal use case?

Hedley