[Product-Developers] First 'Plone Tune-Up Rally' Achievements

Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker gabrielle at sixfeetup.com
Mon Jul 28 14:51:06 UTC 2008

Thanks to all of you who participated into the first Plone Tune-Up
Rally last Friday!

The "Plone Tune-Up Rally" is a great opportunity for all to work
together and discuss development tricks with influential Plonistas.
Announced just 2 days prior (we'll do better next time), this first
event took place last Friday, July 25th and rallied up to 16 people in
the irc chat room (#plone-tuneup on irc.freenode.net ), with 9 of them
actively working on tickets.

Some of the accomplishments include:
* David Glick fixed up the login failure page so that it does not show
portlets;
* Erik Rose looked into an issue where Collections bring back it's
related items into the search results.  Led to a discussion of why the
feature was there;
* Calvin Hendryx-Parker enhanced comment replies to use the previous
comment's title as the 'Subject';
* Clayton Parker fixed the group preference page so that hitting enter
in the search field returned search results, rather than creating a
new group;
* Lucie Lejard looked into issues with validation of Archetypes edit
forms;
* Kurt Bendl investigated an issue regarding the indexing of FileField
that was returning 'None';
* and more... (apologies to other Plonistas not mentioned here)

In addition, several tickets were triaged, closed as invalid or marked
as duplicates.  And some new tickets were created as we ran into bugs.

The next Plone Tune-Up Rally spearheaded by Six Feet Up — http://www.sixfeetup.com
  — will take place Friday, August 8th at 2pm EDT. Please consider
hosting your own Tune-Up event to accommodate other schedules!

Thanks,
Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker
COO and Co-Founder
--
S i x  F e e t  U p ,  I n c .  |  "Nowhere to go but open source"
Silicon Valley: +1 (650) 401-8579 x601
mailto:gabrielle at sixfeetup.com
http://www.sixfeetup.com  |  Zope/Plone Custom Development