[Product-Developers] transmogrifier for static html and word docs?

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Jul 28 09:40:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Dylan Jay <gmane at dylanjay.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to import a lot of content from a static html website. I have
> access to the file structure but the directory names doesn't always reflect
> the titles given in the html. In addition there is a lot of word documents
> etc that have to be converted to ATDocuments.
>
> Has anyone used transmogrifier for this kind of purpose? Are the plugins to
> it for this?
> or does someone have a better way?

We have done similar things, but there are no ready-to-use blueprints
for reading a static tree of documents yet. A plone.transformations
blueprint is in the planning stages, so soon you'll be able to
transmogrify word documents into HTML. For now, experienced coders
should be able to hack together a one-off blueprint to do either task.

--
Martijn Pieters