[Product-Developers] Re: Problem installing products with viewlets.xml in default profile in upgraded site
emanuel at menttes.com
Sun Jul 27 18:09:59 UTC 2008
Thanks for your reply! I upgraded the site to Plone 3.1.4 and the problem
persists. I'm moving this thread to product-developers in case someone
could give me some clues there.
Alex Clark wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
> Hmmm, first, I would upgrade to Plone 3.1.4 to make sure this "problem"
> has not been fixed already. Then if it persists I would ask again on
> product-developers. While your question is not strictly about product
> development, it may received more attention, and would not be strictly
> off-topic there.
> On 2008-07-25, Emanuel Sartor <emanuel at menttes.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> First of all, I'm using Plone 3.1.1 and the site was upgraded from Plone
>> 2.5 a while back.
>> I'm running into a problem to install 3rd party products in a heavily
>> customized Plone site. Well, I only noticed the problem with products
>> that have a viewlets.xml in the default GS profile. Whenever I try to
>> install the product I get a traceback like the one I'm pasting at the
>> bottom of this e-mail.
>> I added 'import pdb; pdb.set_trace()' in zope.component._api, line 207,
>> in getUtility and went step by step and I got this:
>> -> if context is None:
>> (Pdb) l
>> 75 """A special hook for getting the site manager.
>> 77 Here we take the currently set site into account to find the
>> 78 site manager.
>> 79 """
>> 80 -> if context is None:
>> 81 return siteinfo.sm
>> 83 # We remove the security proxy because there's no way for
>> 84 # untrusted code to get at it without it being proxied again.
>> (Pdb) siteinfo.sm
>> On the other hand, if I install the same product in a default Plone site
>> and go step by step when pdb prompts, I get <PersistentComponents
>> /trees/test> for 'siteinfo.sm'.
>> So, looks to me that for some reason the local components registry is
>> skipped in the site bringing about the ComponentLookupError. I don't
>> understand how the 'sm' attribute is properly set in one case and not in
>> the other. Any ideas on this?
>> I would appreciate If someone could give me a clue on what is going on
>> here and/or how to fix it.
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Traceback (innermost last):
>> * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
>> * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>> * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
>> * Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 574,
>> * Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 511,
>> __traceback_info__: ('PloneBookmarklets',)
>> * Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 390, in
>> __traceback_info__: profile-Products.PloneBookmarklets:default
>> * Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1179, in
>> * Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1093, in _doRunImportStep
>> __traceback_info__: viewlets
>> * Module plone.app.viewletmanager.exportimport.storage, line 17, in
>> * Module zope.component._api, line 207, in getUtility
>> ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
>> plone.app.viewletmanager.interfaces.IViewletSettingsStorage>, '')
>> This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's
>> challenge Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK &
>> win great prizes Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event
>> anywhere in the world
More information about the Product-Developers