[Product-Developers] Re: KSS IE6 KSS Issue?

Balazs Ree ree at ree.hu
Mon Jul 21 06:04:18 UTC 2008

Hi Nathan,

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:57:47 -0500, Nathan Van Gheem wrote:

>     Is it just me or is anyone else having an issue with kukit.js not
>     being
> included to the ie6 browser.  I'm trying to do some kss and I also have
> some custom javascript that uses the kukit.dom.getKssAttribute method
> and I keep getting "Error: kukit is not defined".  I have
> portal_javascript set to development mode.  Is there anything I'm
> missing or is this just a bug?

Kss is tested on IE6, so this problem is probably connected with the
resources you use and/or your custom code.

How is your plugin code included, is it registered as kss plugin from
zcml (jsfile=""), or is it included manually in the ResourceRegistries?

Is the kukit javascript included from the page header?

It would help if you install FireBug Lite, run kss in development mode,
reload the page and see what gets printed on the firebug console.
Instructions for installing it is in point 4.2 of the following page:
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/kss-on-plone-3.1 .

Best wishes,

--
Balazs Ree