[Product-Developers] Simple "Collage/front-page"-view

JeanMichel FRANCOIS jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com
Thu Jul 17 08:04:08 UTC 2008

Hi  Espen Moe-Nilssen.

Do not confuse custom view setted on a content type and collage. Collage is
able to support an other system of custom view. I m currently doing so new
views for collage.

I will give you a use case to explain why collage can't use dynamic view
setted on the content.

You add a collection to list last 5 blog entries.
You set the view to summary view.
You now add two collage page different parts of the site (the front page and
the welcome page of the Members folder).
You want to display the collection in the front page with the default view and
on the Members folder with a custom view. How do you do ?

Well the summary view is attached to the content. Collage is not. But collage
give you a way to choose different views. But collage UI sucks a lot on that
point (it s a list of links ....i would have prefere a link that point to a
special page)

JeanMichel FRANCOIS