[Product-Developers] Plone on EC2/S3 and ZODB

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 10:24:54 UTC 2008

Jon Stahl wrote:

> David Bain wrote:
>> I'm currently running plone on an ec2 instance, my concern is that it
>> only has 1.4 GB so if my ZODB gets too big I'm in trouble. anyone with
>> experience using ZODB/S3/EC2? I'd love some guidelines.
>>
> David-
>
> Until amazon rolls out their persistent storage solution later this
> year, you probably don't want to do a real production deployment on EC2.
>
> http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2008/04/block-to-the-fu.html
>
> https://docs.google.com/View?docID=dhh4z6n4_96w387mqhn&revision=_latest
>
> have some interesting reading to get you ready.
>
> :jon

The /mnt partition has 147GB of space.

I have my buildout run repozo and upload to s3, and a deployment script that
downloads everything from s3 and reconstructs the Data.fs. This all seems to
work quite nicely and for my purposes is good enough - I can afford to lose
10 minutes of changes.

Laurence