[Product-Developers] Re: Making an adapter traversable

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 22:32:35 UTC 2008

Hedley Roos wrote:
>> Who knows why, but 'foo' is not an attribute on your object even though the
>> schema extender adds it to its Schema().
>
> I wasn't being clear in my original post. foo really is just an
> arbitrary method on the adapter. I do not include it in fields.

Fine. But you can't traverse to the adapter in the first place.

> I think traversable did work, because whereas
> http://server/my-adapted-object/foo gives me the Unauthorized,
> http://server/my-adapted-object/not_existing_thingy gives me a
> NotFound (I guess an AttributeError originally).

I think that's a red herring. Or some horrid __bobo_traverse__ thing in
AT maybe that you really don't want to know about.

>> Views. ;-)
> I thought so...
>
> I really don't need it to be traversable - I was just exploring schemaextender.

Schemaextender doesn't add methods to the original object. It just adds
things to what's returned by object.Schema().

Martin