[Product-Developers] Re: Developing Content Types for Plone 3.X

jjmojojjmojo joshjohnson.cpc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 19:14:17 UTC 2008

yudeisy wrote:
> Hello
>
> Im new developing contents for Plone 3.X, I was reading The Professional
> Plone Development book, chapter 10, and Im in doubt cause I was
> generating new contents Arquetypes based, using Argouml and ArchGenXml
> for previos versions(2.5.X) and now I read is all by hand, although its
> based in Arquetypes, or maybe I missed something, there is no way to
> generate a product automatically? could someone explain me this?
> I will appreciate that,
>
> thanks,
> Yude
>
> pd: sorry my english, I speak spanish.

It's not as automatic as ArchGenXML, but you can try ZopeSkel. It works
well with Professional Plone Development (I heard that the archetypes
stuff in ZopeSkel was based on that book, so it makes sense).

I  have a somewhat general tutorial that uses it (still under
construction but useful) available at http://www.unc.edu/~jj/plone .

JJ