[Product-Developers] Re: Developing Content Types for Plone 3.X

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jul 10 14:24:47 UTC 2008

yudeisy wrote:

> Hello
>
> Im new developing contents for Plone 3.X, I was reading The Professional
> Plone Development book, chapter 10, and Im in doubt cause I was
> generating new contents Arquetypes based, using Argouml and ArchGenXml
> for previos versions(2.5.X) and now I read is all by hand, although its
> based in Arquetypes, or maybe I missed something, there is no way to
> generate a product automatically? could someone explain me this?

Sure, you can continue to use ArchGenXML (I do - make sure you update to
version 2).  Martin prefers not to, and that's just a matter of preference.
It _does_ help to use paster to create your initial product skeleton (it
would be nice if this was integrated into ArchGenXML), but after that you
can work with ArchGenXML as did before.

> pd: sorry my english, I speak spanish.

I've read worse from native English-speakers :-)
--
derek