[Product-Developers] import_steps.xml of GS dependencies are ignored. Bug or feature ?

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Fri Jul 4 12:29:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

I made a component B that depends on component A.

== B/profiles/default/metadata.xml ==
<dependency>profile-A:default<dependency>
====

Component A has setup handlers stated in A/profiles/default/
import_steps.xml
Installing A only works perfectly either through quickinstaller or
setup tool.
Installing B installs A steps as expected (actions.xml,
portlets.xml, ...) but does *not* run the python handlers of
import_steps.xml of A!

Did I miss something or is it a bug in GS ?

TIA for any hint
--
Gilles Lenfant
INGENIWEB (TM) - SAS 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632