[Product-Developers] SQLPASPlugin questions

Tim Knapp duffyd at kokorice.org
Wed Jul 2 19:31:54 UTC 2008

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 17:25 +0200, Michael Hierweck wrote:
> Marco Scheidhuber wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > I'm a developer with just a little experience in plone in the last few
> > weeks, just in case...
> >
> > In a project I use the SQLPASPlugin for authentication what works out of
> > the box.
> > What I want to do is to hold the users and their roles in the PostgreSQL
> > database, but
> > the managers, reviewers, etc. in the ZODB. Is there an easy way to do
> > this or is there
> > another way to think about this?
>
> This is possible because PAS is able to query many source for users,
> roles and more.
>
> _But_ SQLPAS lacks of support for searching for users...

Yeah, I just realised this recently. Is a bit of a pain that there's no
mention of this on the product page on plone.org or in the README.txt
and nothing obvious in the tests either :(

I mean I know it can search on userids but the lack of support for
searching on user properties is a 'biggie' IMHO.

-Tim