[Product-Developers] SQLPASPlugin questions

Marco Scheidhuber johndoe.23.666 at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:49:03 UTC 2008

hello,

I'm a developer with just a little experience in plone in the last few
weeks, just in case...

In a project I use the SQLPASPlugin for authentication what works out of
the box.
What I want to do is to hold the users and their roles in the PostgreSQL
database, but
the managers, reviewers, etc. in the ZODB. Is there an easy way to do
this or is there
another way to think about this?

And a more directly question: In an doctest I'd like to set the role to
manager
 >>> self.setRoles(('Manager',))
what fail, if I set up the the SQLPASPlugin with

Failed example:
    self.setRoles(('Manager',))
Exception raised:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File
"/opt/zope/instances/freitag.cms/eggs/zope.testing-3.0-py2.4.egg/zope/testing/doctest.py",
line 1348, in __run
        compileflags, 1) in test.globs
      File "<doctest test_article_workflow.rst[0]>", line 1, in ?
        self.setRoles(('Manager',))
      File
"/opt/zope/instances/freitag.cms/parts/plone/PloneTestCase/PloneTestCase.py",
line 110, in setRoles
        self.login(name)
      File
"/opt/zope/instances/freitag.cms/parts/zope2/lib/python/Testing/ZopeTestCase/PortalTestCase.py",
line 148, in login
        user = user.__of__(uf)
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__of__'

what is thrown imho because of the difference of the user objects.
Does anyone know how to deal with this?

best and thanks,
marco