[Product-Developers] Re: Experiences with commenting solutions

Hedley Roos hedley at upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Jul 1 09:11:56 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Jon Stahl wrote:
>> Martin
>>
>> What's the state of plone.app.commenting?
>
> I looked at the openplans project, but it doesn't look very far along. :-/
>
> Martin

I have also looked at it quite a bit and I think it needs mostly UI. It
would be a shame to ignore it since it follows your thoughts / pattern
you set out in an earlier discussion (about 3 weeks ago I think).

The only problem I found with the version in trunk is with nesting
comments not rendering at all.

I think of p.a.c as a commenting framework and not a commenting product
in its current state. I'm still waiting for Contributor access then I'll
do a few commits.

Having said all that - if you need a solution right now you're probably
better of with Andreas' suggestion.

Hedley