[Product-Developers] Single sign on across heterogenuous systems

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:54:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Sidnei da Silva
<sidnei at enfoldsystems.com> wrote:
> What you describe sounds a lot like what OpenID. Maybe what you want
> to do is to make Plone an OpenID provider, and use an OpenID library
> in your commerce site.

I initially thought about OpenID for this but decided it wasn't a good
fit.  I ended up modifying SQLPASPlugin and plone such that 1) the
login form obtains a session cookie value for my "other site(s)" with
jquery and stores that as a hidden field value to be submitted along
with username and password.  2) Modify SQLPASPlugin to store the
cookie value and associate it with the username.  You don't get all of
the plone security, for instance ACL is not stored in the DB (as I
recall), but you should get roles and groups.

I've obviously skipped a lot of details.  What happens if the JQuery
ajax call for a sessionid fails?

-Davve