[Product-Developers] Custom Archetypes - Implement Versioning for Large Files

srose st.rose at gmx.de
Tue Jul 1 01:29:00 UTC 2008

Hi All,
I'm new to Plone/Zope development and I've searched the forum several
times to find an answer on how to setup/implement versioning and file
storage of large files (any kind) outside of the ZOP-DB.

So far I've tried to use FSS 2.7.1 (FileSystemStorage) in combination
with custom archetypes, turned on the "Versioning" switch within the
Plone management interface, but Zope only keeps the last version of
an uploaded file?

Can anybody give me a hint on how I can achieve this goal respectively
provide some sample code for a proper implementation?

Many thanks,
Steffen