[Product-Developers] Problem with Remember and upgrading PluggableAuthService

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Jan 29 19:46:56 UTC 2008

I have a plone site running:

Plone 2.5.5,
CMF-1.6.4,
Zope (Zope 2.9.8-final, python 2.4.4, freebsd6),
Five 1.4.2,
Python 2.4.4 (#2, Sep 26 2007, 13:07:27) [GCC 3.4.6 [FreeBSD]
20060305],
PIL 1.1.6
membrane 1.0
remember 1.0
PluggableAuthService-1.4.2

The members cannot add portraits to the site, and I get the error
"ValueError: Property portrait: unknown type"
when I do a search for all users in site setup.

I looked at the bug reports and found 2 that relate to this error:
http://plone.org/products/remember/issues/44
http://plone.org/products/remember/issues/32

They appear to be duplicates. The suggested solution is to upgrade
PluggableAuthService to version 1.5.2, which I did. However, no one can
log in now. The remember members are still alive and well, but entering
the use name and password does nothing - no error, no logged event, just
return to the login page.

What else do I have to do to upgrade PluggableAuthService?

Thanks!

Mark