[Product-Developers] borg.localrole problem with portal_factory types

jessesnyder jesses at npowerseattle.org
Thu Jan 24 01:00:04 UTC 2008

I'm finding that users assigned the Manager role on a Project (but who are
not global site managers) cannot add content to the project if the type of
content they are adding is managed by the portal_factory. If I take the type
out of portal_factory's types, they are able to add objects of that type.

I see a getRoles() method on factory_adapter.FactoryTempFolderProvider that
looks like it might be intended to handle this, but as far as I can tell
it's not getting called.

Ideas?

My environment:
I'm testing on plone 3.0.5, from a buildout, on zope 2.10.5

borg.project-1.1rc1
borg.localrole-1.1rc2
CMFPlacefulWorkflow 1.2.1