[Product-Developers] Re: ANN: Customisation tutorial

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 15 08:18:35 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've seen some people confused by this (who obviously don't own my book
> - limi said that's a "bug"), so I wrote a quick tutorial and demo
> product showing the main types of filesystem customisation, including
> the use of plone.browserlayer (which my book doesn't cover). There's
> little fluff, but hopefully it's useful to a few of you.
>
> http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/customization-for-developers
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Hi Martin,

thanks for this. I'm sure that will help many people.

One minor remark from my side:

Any reason you don't register the new skin layer for
all possible skin selections (including, e.g., NuPlone)
using

  <skin-path name="*">
    <layer name="example_customization"
       insert-after="custom"/>
  </skin-path>

instead of

  <skin-path name="Plone Default" based-on="Plone Default">
   <layer name="example_customization"
      insert-after="custom"/>
  </skin-path>

in the profile?