[Product-Developers] Re: ./bin/instance test raises import error

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Sun Jan 13 00:17:16 UTC 2008

jjmojojjmojo, on 2008-01-11:

> I have a working buildout, except that when I run ./bin/instance test -s
> Products.MyProduct (or ./bin/instance test by itself), I get:
>
> ImportError: No module named profile
> please install the python2.4-profiler package
>
> The obvious thing would be to install that module, but I'm having trouble
> finding it. I'm using Ubuntu 6.06.

I am using a more recent Ubuntu.  The above package is available, but
I do not have it installed.  Instead I have the python-profiler
package, which replaces both python2.3-profiler and
python2.4-profiler.

So hopefully python-profiler is available for your version too.

If that still does not help, try searching for it with commands like
this:

apt-cache search profiler
dpkg -l *profiler*

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/