[Product-Developers] Re: testing schemaextender

Héctor Velarde hvelarde at jornada.com.mx
Fri Jan 11 23:29:16 UTC 2008

> Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Does my doctest run if you run all the schemaextender tests? They all
> pass here, so I suspect there's something wrong with your test setup.

I don't know, Martin; I can't run the tests as I'm using Windows; to
test a Zope 2 product I always use a batch file as the one described  in
http://plone.org/documentation/error/attributeerror-test_user_1_ but for
Python packages I don't know how to do it.

>>      >>> schema = taggable_doc.Schema()
>>      >>> 'schemaextender_test_tags' in schema
>>      False
>
> If it doesn't work, then your adapter isn't registered in your test.

taggable_doc.Schema() returns a list of objects; that's why I'm using
getNames() method from Products.Archetypes.Schema

> Well, it'd only work if you had a field that actually did what the
> TaggableField or whatever it's called does in the usage.txt text. It's
> an example of something you may do with at.se, not something you'll
> see every time.

ok, let me check that...

saludos