[Product-Developers] Non persistent data

Hedley Roos hedley at upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri Jan 11 11:12:39 UTC 2008

 > I would like to avoid storing messages sent by users to the chat room
 > object, as this easily leads to ZODB conflicts. But I need a thread-safe
 > way to store this messages.

As what type of object do you plan to store messages? Archetypes-based
objects or more lightweight?

AT objects are just too heavy and all the catalogueing will cause write
conflicts and grind your site to a halt, since messages come in at a
high rate.

Lightweight objects can help a lot, especially if your container is just
a BTreeFolder which does not need to reindex when its contents are changed.

I know I'm not answering your question, I'm just suggesting possibly
easier alternatives.

Hedley