[Product-Developers] Non persistent data

George Gozadinos ggozad at qiweb.net
Thu Jan 10 18:46:42 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm developing a kss-based live chat product to be released as open
source.
While the basic functionality is working, I have the following problem.
I would like to avoid storing messages sent by users to the chat room
object, as this easily leads to ZODB conflicts. But I need a thread-
safe way to store this messages. There are alternatives such as using
sql or some external xmlrpc server but is there a way to actually
store them in memory AND have them available to all threads? Is
threading.lock possible and if yes any examples of use within zope?
Thanks in advance,
G. Gozadinos
http://qiweb.net