[Product-Developers] PloneSoftwareCenter / PyPI : classification coherence

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Tue Jan 8 16:33:59 UTC 2008

> That makes other classifiers a bit redundant:
>
> - Available licenses
> - Versions
> - Platforms
>
> Before proposing a solution, I would like to point out that "categories" is
> a very generic
> field in PSC, and will let a user add anything he wants there.  Available
> Licences, Versions and
> Platforms are more precise in the nature of the values they are holding.

What about automatically mapping the Trove values to those fields?
That was my plan initially....

That is, a package that is uploaded with Trove values for
license/version/platform will get those values in categories *and*
they will by also mapped to the special license/version/platform
fields.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214