[Product-Developers] Re: Need Help with Remember Workflow

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 8 10:06:54 UTC 2008

Mark Phillips wrote:
> I have isolated the problem to the validators. If I comment out the
> three validator statements in AHSMember.py (based on your SimpleMember),
> it all works as it should. Uncomment the three validator lines in the
> schema, and it breaks as before.
>
> I have gone through the code and looked at plone.org for tutorials on
> validation. I can't find anything missing or obviously wrong. Is there a
> special trick to using validators with remember?

This could very well be the case. In the end, the process through which
these "content" items are generate is different from the regular
pattern. Depending how remember works under the hood (which i don't
know) there could be a problem with validation/required fields/default
values.

At least I recall such issues from the early (CMFMember) days but
as membrane/remember where written to get over the problems
CMFMember was facing I might be plain wrong.

Just to get further insight: have you tried to provide default
values for the fields that get validated? Maybe even such that
the validation would pass? I know that makes no sense for your
"terms and conditions" check box - just to get a clue?

@Rob (should you read this): any idea what's happening here?

Raphael