[Product-Developers] Re: ordering fields with schemaextender

Héctor Velarde hvelarde at jornada.com.mx
Thu Jan 3 23:54:44 UTC 2008

Héctor Velarde wrote:
> class NITFExtender(object):
>     adapts(IATNewsItem)
>     implements(ISchemaModifier)

ok, sorry, I found that this one is the only possible solution... but
now I'm starting over again: do I have to do this?

     def fiddle(self, schema):
         schema = schema + MetadataSchema((...))

         schema['relatedItems'].schemata = 'metadata'
         schema.moveField('relatedItems', before='contributors')
         schema['subject'].schemata = 'default'
         schema.moveField('subject', after='imageCaption')

what about the new fields? what about default and vocabulary methods?

after this I think we can document all possible variants.

saludos