[Product-Developers] Thoughts on championing OOTB themes

vedaw veda at onenw.org
Thu Feb 21 17:10:41 UTC 2008

Just to clarify here, we're primarily talking about putting together skins
that will ship with Plone out of the box. That's the base objective.

Additional things, like having skins that we can sell is great, but not the
primary goal. We don't have any money set aside to pay people to do this --
I'm really counting on the community to rally and help out for free. Once we
determine how big this project is going to be -- how many skins, who will be
involved, what the requirements are -- it will be a lot easier to start
assigning tasks. I'll be setting up an OpenPlans site today / tomorrow to
start getting things fleshed out more.

Also, I don't think there's a huge problem going from PSD --> skin vs
existing site --> skin. I generally work from PSDs, I'm sure other folks
work with existing CSS, and both ways work fine. I don't think we really
need to make a choice here. Whatever people feel most comfortable with, they
should stick with.