[Product-Developers] semi n00b-question: how to enable vanilla users the right to add stuff tomy custom folder?

Per Erik Strandberg per.strandberg at incf.org
Wed Feb 20 13:43:02 UTC 2008

Hi plone product developers list!

[sorry if I sent this message twice - the first message seems to have
been sent to /dev/null]

I want to know the minimalist way of giving regular vanilla users the
right to add stuff to my custom content type.

When I try the sharing tab it does not work. I am deeply annoyed that
there is a sharing tab when it has no or only limited effect :(

The complete plone product is now about 100 lines of code (pasted here:
http://paste.plone.org/19594 ) and the content types are as small as I
could make them:

------
# import bla bla bla

class SimpleFolder(BaseFolder):
    schema = BaseSchema.copy() +  Schema(())
    allowed_content_types = ('SimpleThing')
    filter_content_types = 1
    _at_rename_after_creation = True

registerType(SimpleFolder, PROJECTNAME)

class SimpleThing(BaseContent):
    schema = BaseSchema.copy() + Schema(())
    _at_rename_after_creation = True
    global_allow = 0

registerType(SimpleThing, PROJECTNAME)
------

Some screenshots and more text is available in this tutorial-to-be:
http://www.pererikstrandberg.se/blog/index.cgi?page=PloneSimpleFolderAndPermissions

Any hints or pointers are appreciated, thanks

/Per

--
Per Erik Strandberg, M.Sc, M.Sc
System Developer

International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility
Secretariat
Karolinska Institutet
Nobels väg 15A
SE-171 77 Stockholm