[Product-Developers] Blob support for PSC

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:02:51 UTC 2008

Le 18 févr. 08 à 01:17, Alex Clark a écrit :

> Hi, has anyone added blob support to their custom type?
>
> I'm trying to add a BlobField to PloneSoftwareCenter,
>
> Code is here:
>
> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.PloneSoftwareCenter/branches/blob-support/Products/PloneSoftwareCenter/content/downloadablefile.py
>
> Traceback is here:
>
> http://paste.plone.org/19538
>
> I've just started so I'm not quite sure what the "big picture" is
> supposed to be.

Hi,

Perhaps having a look at what Tarek did with FSS will give you some
enlightenments on blobbing.

https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/FileSystemStorage/branches/tarek_blob_support/

(Disgressing ;)  (IMHO) playing with blobs is a matter for storages,
and not for fields, following the general AT architecture. But maybe
I'm missing something.