[Product-Developers] Re: Making Signup Sheet content show up in the calendar

Kees Hink hink at gw20e.com
Tue Dec 30 17:18:48 UTC 2008

Currently, the portal_calendar tool defines which types are looked up in the
catalog. See plone.app.portlets, portlets/calendar.py, line 63. So for your
needs, anything that has a 'start' and 'end' field which are dates should do, i
think. You just modify the portal_calendar tool to also include your sign up
sheets, which should have these fields.

(I agree it would be better if the catalog were queried for an interface, with a
name like ICalendarEvent, but that's a different story.)

Kees