[Product-Developers] [archetypes.schemaextender] Aweful performance degradation

Hedley Roos hedleyroos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 09:41:07 UTC 2008

Hi Andreas

I have some good news for you! We use schemaextender extensively in a
busy and large site and also found serious problems with performance.
The culprit was repeated calls to the Schema method.

Roche and I decided to cache that method and Jens created
archetypes.schematuning from our discussions. I'm waiting for commit
access to the Archetypes repo because I've got a few improvements, so
if you want I can mail you my working code.

Hedley