[Product-Developers] Re: Need help fixing broken object

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Fri Dec 12 19:04:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008, Johannes Schwenk wrote:
>Thanks both of you, but it didn't work.
>
>I will have to do further observations as to what extend this is an reoccuring
>problem. Right now I can live with the stale object, cause its on a
>development machine.

I have been know to hack the zope source temporarily to work
around this type of thing to allow me to get rid of the stale
objects.  The code in question is simple:

	return self._tree.has_key(id)

Change that to:
	if self._tree: return self._tree.has_key(id)

This is considered a CBE (Crude But Effective) hack.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

When you have an efficient government, you have a dictatorship.
    -- Harry Truman